Wednesday, June 18, 2014

Two Paper Diva's Design Card "Tea Time"

So, how many of you out there in "Blogger land" have taken on a new computer system but do not have it all figured out yet and I have had to resort to using my old system in the meantime to do this posting?!!  You know what I would like to say.......but I will be kind!!  I have two keyboards and two "mice" sitting here on my desk with the Old CPU under the desk and a darling, tiny Chrome Box on top of the desk.  There is a brand new monitor and a beautiful brand new Brother printer (plus everything else) and here I am operating out of the old system.  #XW##!!!!!

Okay.......on with business at hand!!  My posting for Two Paper Divas this week was an absolute ball.  I wanted to use this flower grouping from the Two Paper Diva Stamp Set "Seed Packet Fillers", but I did not want to put it in one of TPD's other set "Mason Jars" (new set will be arriving at the store soon).  So, I decided to get creative and did the following:

  • Using versamark ink,  I stamped the teapot with the attached lid (from the "Tea Time" set of TPD) on vellum twice and then using a Turquoise Zing Embossing Powder by American Crafts, I used a tiny stiff brush and wiped away the embossing powder from the lid of the teapot on one and the base of the teapot from the other piece of vellum.  This left me with an open base and a separate lid.  Then I heat set these two different pieces of vellum.  Once done, I closely cut out the lid and the base leaving a small edge of the vellum to the outside edge of the embossed pieces. Now I had what appears like an open top to the base of the teapot allowing it to look like the flowers are sitting in the base.  I placed these pieces on top of the lower section of the layered raised white piece of cardstock which I had dry embossed the lower section only. The enamel dots which I used on the lid and the base allowed me to glue the two pieces to the white cardstock.  I then embossed two of the teacups from this same set from Two Paper Divas in two different colors and applied them to the front of the card after heat setting them. This time I was able to use glue within the design on each of the cups.  The flowers were stamped and colored using colored pencils prior to placing the vellum teapot base at this point of the card.  I used a yellow and white twine at the top of the card layered piece and used a sentiment stamp from the "Tea Time" TPD set to finish off the front of my card.  Before finishing this layer of the card, I round all four of the corners.  
So, with a modification of the one stamp and without cutting it as some would have done, I was able to create a fun look!!!

Thank you for stopping by to see a different technique.........

No comments:

Post a Comment