Saturday, January 24, 2015

TWO PAPER DIVA DESIGN TEAM CARD - "It's Your Lucky Day"


Once again Melissa and Gayla, owners of TWO PAPER DIVAS, have designed some great options with this cute set of stamps titled "Lucky Me" for St. Patrick's Day.  Check it out on their website, TWO PAPER DIVAS.COM and click on "Shop", Clear Stamps and then on the category Holiday.  You will find it nestled in among some other really fun stamps.  In this case, the Hat with the Shamrocks; the single shamrock which I stamped four of them - once on the card face and then on a scrap of white card stock I stamped the four of them again.  All of this was colored with Tomball Watercolor pens (love the way that they color - so smooth and you are able to do some shading to get a similar effect like Copics).  Once all of it was colored then I cut out the four shamrocks from the scrap paper.  I formed them to give them a little life and set them aside for a later time after the card was built.

I decided on the Sentiment from the "Lucky Me" stamp set of Two Paper Divas but it still needed one more playfulness on the card and I pulled out a new die set I have from Simon Says Stamp called "Color and Sunshine".  I die cut this lower area with the die which gives the area for the illusion of a rainbow.  Simon Says makes a companion stamp set by the same name "Color and Sunshine" and they have three curved bars that fit this die that can be individually colored (however) and then placed behind this die.  BUT, this is a TWO PAPER DIVAS card and my stamps must be Divas only.  So I cut a piece of glossy card stock and decided to be playful with the Distress Inks and color in a non-conformist way.  This "could" be a very large rainbow and it does not fit the die ........ whatever one might gleam from this ..... it adds the spark of color .... and the pretense of the "Gold at the End of the Rainbow".  After all it is MY LUCKY DAY or is it YOU THE READER OF THIS???

Once I built the card and layered the different card stock, I then applied the four extra shamrocks with Glossy Accents over the four that are falling out of the hat (because I tilted the hat on the card - funny me!!). With my Glossy Accents still in my hand, I applied a coating over the face of these shamrocks giving it a wonderful glow!!  Not leaving the card alone at this point, I just had to apply some gold star sequins falling out as well.  Part of the "GOLD" don't you know!!  These stars are a new arrival from Pretty Pink Posh!!

So, now that I have played with this card ....... HAPPY ST. PATRICK'S DAY in March.  It will be here before we know it.    

2 comments:

  1. Carryn- I just love your card! Especially all the details that you put into it! Thanks for sharing the details with us! I really enjoy that.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Carryn....once again, lots of fun embellishments and details on your card. Love it!

    ReplyDelete