Saturday, February 6, 2016

TWO PAPER DIVAS - FIRST CHALLENGE - February, 2016




TWO PAPER DIVAS is an online Paper Crafting Stamp Company which I have been a designer (Design Team) for in the last few years.  Melissa Rodgers and Gayla O'Dell are the owners & creators of the company.  First and foremost they are good friends and really fun ladies.

They have decided to have their first Challenge (February 2016) and the black and white picture above is the concept.  I will admit ..... this is my first Challenge.  I could have done one many times in the past but because of teaching "weekly" card classes for over 5 years (and working with others on a one-on-one basis for many years beyond that & working -playing- in so many girlfriend's stores) I just never got involved.  I hesitated for a while when Melissa first asked if I would become a "Diva" with Two Paper Divas.  You know it is one of those things ..... how do you turn down a friend which she has been since 2004.

So, I started with three colors which I love of the Distress Inks.  Color palette is typically, as an Interior Designer by Degree, my first look at when I even am doing card making.  When I spotted the object which basically looked like a flower, I knew that I wanted to do my favorite ..... a shaker!!

After I colored with the three Distress Inks, I added water droplets and a glitter spray.  Then giving the "curve" as shown in the concept photo, I used a punch (eyelet) look.  BUT, it still needed something, even though I was going to make a shaker over it.  I remembered that TPDivas created a recent stamp set which is called the "Background Stamps #1".  There are four 2" x 2" stamps with different designs which would give each of my colored strips their own individuality.  I used Hero Arts Shadow Ink in the soft granite instead of black to give a lighter look.  The fourth stamp from that set was used on the Balloon pattern paper and I stamped it in Simon Says Stamps White Pigment Ink (hard to see it in the photo).  I pulled the original "Birthday Wishes" set (Retired now) and used the Balloon and the Girlfriend sentiment from that set.  This set was replaced with an updated version by the same name.

When making the shaker, I knew that I had to use two pieces of clear Plastic sheeting.  After going to that much detail on the three colored strips, I did not want to totally cover it up doing a normal concept of a shaker.

Happy Challenge Ladies!!!

3 comments:

  1. I love that you made this a shaker Carryn, that is so fun for a birthday card :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Stacy .... I do love to make shaker cards. It also is fun to make them with seed beads instead of sequins all the time! Happy Stamping!

      Delete
  2. Love that you made a shaker card for the challenge! Super fun and cute. Thank you so much for joining our first challenge!

    ReplyDelete