Saturday, November 15, 2014

TWO PAPER DIVA DESIGN TEAM RECENT CARDS - Penguin and Birdie friend Merry Christmas


I have a great deal of CATCHING UP to do with my Blog .......so here I go and just bear with me.  There has been a lot of time since my last posting.  I will report on that later but first things first .......this card!!

First I decided to pick a paper with trees.  This paper set my color palette and the base card stock was pulled from Gina K Designs "turquoise sea".  The trees and the stripe companion paper came from a 6 x 6 paper pad from Fancy Pants called "Oh Deer".  Really fun pad.  This grouping will make another appearance this season.  So then what from my grouping of  Two Paper Diva stamps will bring life to this card ........?  TPD has an adorable set of stamps from the "Brrrr! Friends" grouping.  The Polar Bear was not a fit with this card, so I got out my scissors and surgery once again was performed.  The Penguin and his little friend, the Bird, were to be used.  Love them!!  I colored the Penguin and used  Clear Wink of Stella for all the white parts of him (or Her?) and colored the rest in Copics.  The little bird has some of these colors on it's (him or her?) hat.  I applied glue/teal colored glitter around the edge of the bird circle.  The Sentiment is of course from Two Paper Divas and I embossed it in white embossing powder.  The Bling is a Jolees embellishment and they have a real iridescence to them.....hard to show that in the picture.  Finally a very favorite embossing folder was used ....... the swiss dot.

I will be back with previous TPDiva card postings and also the promised cards from my weekly card classes.  There are some cuties.  Happy Holidays to each of you.  

No comments:

Post a Comment