Saturday, November 22, 2014

TWO PAPER DIVAS Design Team Cards /Christmas 2014



I love cards with windows (on the inside or on the outside) because it is such fun to put up wall paper and the ever popular wainscoting.  My Two Paper Divas stamp embellishments are the Wreath from the "Happy Holidays" stamp and the Sentiment from the grouping of stamps on the "Holiday Sentiments".
I stamped and then colored the wreath with three different Copic markers and then the bow as well.  I then cut out the wreath.  To embellish it I used an assortment of small red, green and gold sequins.  I also added these sequins on the Greeting.  The ribbon under the greeting is a red satin ribbon from Stamping Up.  I love the look of the gold metallic thread in this area.  This is a look that Julie Ebersole loves to do on her cards.  I used the Small Madison Arched Window die from Poppystamps.  I placed a blue card stock behind this window to represent sky and next to the window on that side I have a piece of snowflake vellum which was embossed.  I purchased it this way.  Using another piece of the 6 x 6 pad of paper from Fancy Pants "Oh Deer" I made the wall paper.  In a recent previous posting, I said I would be back into this pad of paper.  They are all so cute.  The wainscoting is with glossy card stock and I also used it when I die cut the window. The final touch to this card is the glossy accents on the bow!!   The card base is card stock from Ellen Hutson in Easter Green. Nothing like mixing Holidays!!  HA!











This is is a Gatefold card, hence the reason for my finger to hold it together.  I loved making Gatefold cards.  It always if nice when you have a good grouping of paper to highlight.  The small picture above shows the inside.  This card was designed with the Two Paper Divas stamp sets called "Holiday Greetings"  (Candle, Holly & Berries) and "Warm Winter Wishes" for the Sentiment.  I used the Wink of Stella Clear Glitter pen on the candle and for the candle flowing I used the white Enamel Accents by Ranger.  The coloring was with Copics and I used Mowed Lawn Distress Ink when I stamped the Holly Leaves.  Once again I used glossy accents on the Berries around the Candle and by the Holly Leaves.  The card base is from Ellen Hutson and it is called Galvanized (Silver) and the red is also from EH and it is called Peppermint.  Both of the diagonal.stripe papers are also from the Fancy Pants 6 x 6 pad "Oh Deer".  The ribbon is the red satin ribbon from Stampin' Up.  Enjoy the cards and happy Christmas Card making!!!  I still have many to make from Roger and I.


No comments:

Post a Comment