Wednesday, August 6, 2014

TWO PAPER DIVAS Design Team Card for the week of August 4, 2014 - "Life's a Picnic"


It is August and TWO PAPER DIVAS is announcing their NEW stamp sets.  I have used two sets from them for this card.  When "my" surprise sets came and I saw the Picnic Bench AND the Picnic Basket from the second set.......I knew what paper I was going to use for these two stamps.  Anytime that I can, I will pull from my stash the thin wood veneer sheets because it gives an authenticity to the stamp representing a wooden finish.  Also with the picnic basket were 7 different stamps that were all about Summertime FUN at a picnic (Hamburger - which you see here; Glass of Lemonade - also what I used on the card; THE ANT - a little out of proportion in my scene but way too cute; a pie; the basket and two Sentiments - one of which I used on my card).  I could not help going to my "stash" again of my wooden "things" and pulled out the wooden apples (wish that I had the smaller apples but they have been used on previous cards - having Granddaughters in school, I used them on cards for their teachers - Oh Well - these get the point across) and colored them with Copics & also I love the wooden word bubbles and it just seemed appropriate to stamp the Sentiment on it.

SUPPLIES USED:

All Stamps - TWO PAPER DIVAS  - Brand New Sets being announced on August 8th.
Paper -  Mixed Media 101 Ultra Thin Cherry Sheets; Neenah Solar White card stock - card base;  Sheet    of 12 x 12 printed paper for Scrapbooking; Checkered card stock - source unknown.
Ink - Ranger Distress Ink - Vintage Photo to ink the bench & basket; Hero Arts Shadow Ink - Soft Granite to ink the glass of lemonade & the hamburger - black is too dark;  Memento Tuxedo Black for the               Sentiment and the ants;  I also used the Vintage Photo to distress some of the edges.
Embellishments  -  Love, Love, Love all of my wooden pieces in my "stash"; a very thin red and white       twine; & one last thing - I used my small grass die & cut the little grass under the picnic bench & the basket!!

Ahhhhh gee........now that the picnic is over it is time to get back to work.  I know I have been promising you photos of cards that I have been doing and THEY WILL BE COMING.  But, first I must get ready to go have lunch with my girlfriend, Robyn.  Friends come first and they are a necessity in our lives.  Hugs to all of you and HAPPY CARD MAKING!!!

P. S.  Had a wonderful visit with my friend, Robyn.  We had lunch for four hours and what a treat that was to put everything aside and just talk......like us girls like to do.  Thanks Robyn for our "Happy" time!!
  

No comments:

Post a Comment